Domain extension is the last part of website address. Domain extensions are generally referred as .com, .net, .org, .biz. Different companies have different choices for choosing domain name extensions. As we have discussed in many articles domain extensions are the important part of your website address. Now days many professionals uses domain name extensions related to their business. We can see different government bodies’ uses domain according their county name. For example – India uses .in United States uses .us etc. Domain extensions is very important part of your website address. While we are writing this article you will find millions of new domain extensions have registered. And lots of domain extensions are registered.
There are some domain extension that are developed for obvious purpose. While many users find it difficult to understand. Some domain extensions are developed for specific task: -
Boost Brand – There are many individual companies who uses unique domain extension to sell their product and services. Only such companies invest in high amount in unique domain extensions.
Website Location – Some domain extensions are useful only for those people who only want to server in their home country. Such domain extensions uses their own language. For example – Czech uses .cz
Restricted Domain Extensions – Different organizations that a certain groups for examples educational institution who uses .edu domain extension. If you are planning to run any education institution than you should consider using .edu domain extension.
Common Domain Extensions: -.
HTS hosting offers above domain extension in very reasonable prices. HTS hosting also provides Windows shared hosting, Linux dedicated hosting. We also provide WordPress hosting in India.
What type of domain extensions you can opt-out?
Depending upon your domain extensions you can use any domain extension. But generally most users prefer to use domain extension that connects with their business. Domain extensions are described in two categories: -
- Restricted – Restricted domain extensions have some criteria to purchase. As such domain extensions are set for some groups.
- Unrestricted – Unrestricted domain extensions can be used by any domain extensions without any criteria.
How to choose domain extension for your business?
- Idea of You Web Site – Most important element to consider. You may have to think twice or even thrice. Because this will be your ultimate part of your website. Services or products you will be selling. If you are planning to start a blog you can go with .com or .net domain extension. But if you are planning to start any particular business that should reflect your business model. You should definitely go for different domain extension.
- Local TLD (Top Level Domain) – Sudden rise of top level domain. You should use domain extension of distinct geographical locations. There are around 200 million country code available. You should use local top-level domain domain extension of your website. For example - .in for India, .us for United States, .ca for Canada.
- Acknowledge about SEO (search engine optimization) – This is another most important aspect for your website. SEO can rank your website very well. Despite to other domain extensions .com is very popular domain extension. You should about SEO before taking any domain extension.