Being patient is good to follow. But this term does not work on internet. Internet is designed to complete your work in very small span of time. Internet users are really in hurry. They want to complete each and everything in single click. Internet user will stay on those websites that has high response time and taking less time to load. According to Yahoo experts, 80% of web page’s load time is spent in downloading different parts of webpage like – images, stylesheets and scripts. Follow below points to reduce loading time of website.
- Reduce HTTP request – HTTP request is made for each elements. On-page components takes more time to load. And web page will take longer time to render. Minimize your HTTP request to figure out how many websites that are taking time to load. Use Google developer tools to find how many HTTP requests your website makes. In google chrome developer tools, click on “Network” tab. Then click on “Name” column shows all of the files on web page. The “Size” columns shows size of each file. And the “Time” column shows how long it will take to load each file. To see number of request click on the bottom left corner. Reducing the number of request will speed up your website. Look carefully in your files and see if there are any unnecessary requests.
- Don’t use large images – Avoid using large images, large images can cause to load web page. You can set width and height attributes of <img> elements in HTML. Use image editor, you will find many image editors to resize the image as per required dimensions. The lower the image size, thus helps to decrease load times.
- Cache web pages – CMS (content management system) dynamically generates web pages. Always statically cache your web pages and database queries to decrease strain on server. This also helps in speed up page rendering times. Caching web page saves a static version and saves user to recreate web page every time it is requested. CMS like – WordPress checks out WP super cache and W3 total cache.
- Reduce 301 redirects – 301 forces web browser to new URL. This increases web page loading times.
- Choose hosting provider – New website owner’s tries to find out cheapest hosting provider. While you may found affordable in the beginning. But choosing cheap hosting services without even thinking for the second time could cost you in future. Don’t choose any random hosting provider. Research the market and choose hosting provider that you can trust. There are many hosting providers such as HTS Hosting, best hosting company in India provides Linux dedicated hosting, Windows dedicated hosting and other hosting plans. Choose web hosting plan according to your business.
- Reduce server response time – DNS lookup also plays important role in web page loading. ISP (internet service provider) performs DNS (domain name system) lookups to find IP address associated with URL. DNS lookup finds specific DNS record and directs requested web page.
- Enable Compression – Smaller files helps to load web page faster. Compressing files is one of the easiest way to reduce load time. There are many tools that are used in compressing large files. Such as – Gzip. Most web server compresses files using Gzip.
Thus, reducing loading time on website give high amount of traffic and good revenue to the business.