Still, stuck with lousy hosting services? Want to migrate your website? Website migration is the process of changing your hosting provider. For seamless or change in ongoing services. Many organizations get stuck and they fear website migration. With HTS hosting you can do seamless website migration. Website migration does involve a lot of things like – platform, location, structure, and other necessities. Website migration is a challenging task as it involves a lot of things. Many website owners don’t go for website migration as they fear losing website rank.
Companies come up with different reasons for website migration: -
- Adding new features
- Adding new security policies
- Changing CMS (Content Management Services)
- Adding different versions so the website will work on different end-user devices.
- Changing website design and structure.
Planning for Website Migration: -
- Always start website migration with proper planning. Without proper planning, you won’t be able to achieve a seamless website migration.
- You must have a legitimate reason for website migration. You must go with proper research with better functionality and appearance.
- How bitterly your migration process will work. Will it be good for website migration?
- What are the risks involved in website migration? Bad implementation might affect your website reputation and the services you are providing.
Building Website Migration Strategies: -
- Examine and set proper website migration.
- Set up a plan for images/ content and other media resources.
- Gather your dependencies that may affect your migration.
After proper planning and gathering, all details set up launch date and make sure this does not affect your business.
Find Your Priorities: -
Find out which web pages require initial migration. Webpages with heavy traffic must be taken very carefully. They should be kept on the priority list. There are different factors that are involved in website migration that which webpage can be changed quickly.
Perform appropriate crawling on all web pages to find all top performing webpages and webpages that require redirects.
Ensure the Entire Technicality: -
- Make sure to set up canonical tags on each webpage. So that search engines find the authentic webpage. So the end-user will land on the original webpage.
- Make new robots.txt file – Website administrators don’t want to migrate each and every webpage in search engines. Robots.txt clearly lays listed websites properly.
- HTML and XML sitemap reviews list all your website URLs for search engines for crawling the index. Whereas HTML sitemaps are specifically built for humans to understand your website content structure.
- Nowadays most of the website migration is done because of growing mobile users. Your website should mobile friendly and there might be a possibility that most of web traffic will come from mobile users. So it should work without causing any problems.
Website Testing After Migration: -
After website migration, proper testing policies should be followed. To check if there are any errors. Testing could be in any form. From functionality, SEO, security, crawling, page loading.
Test website speed from your end-users. To ensure that website migration is done successfully.
Though website migration looks a bit risky. But every website owner has to take such steps to increase the productivity of their company. Connect with HTS hosting to get seamless website migration.
To know more about HTS Hosting, kindly visit https://www.htshosting.org/